Events for CAP
Cascade AIDS Project (CAP) is fortunate to be the beneficiary of many community fundraisers hosted by area businesses, organizations and people like you. If you would like to hold a fundraiser, please download and complete the Community Event Form and return it by fax to the attention of Andrew Shayde at 503.278.3859. We will follow up with you once the form is received and reviewed. (scroll down for more info)
Here is a list of Community Events coming up:
- Concientizate, October 16th from 5:30-11pm at Refuge PDX (116 SE Yamhill)
What is a Community Event?
It is an event or promotion that will benefit Cascade AIDS Project, sponsored by a person or organization not related to CAP. The event sponsor helps out by doing most of the work and is responsible for underwriting all of the related costs.
Throw a party, coordinate a holiday drive, or have a raffle at your office and more….
You can raise critical funds for Cascade AIDS Project by putting together your own special event to help in our fight against HIV/AIDS. Here’s your chance to build an event precisely suited to any audience you choose. Make it as large or as small as you would like; the only limit is your imagination. Past events have included:
- Dinner parties.
- Running races.
- Restaurant openings.
- School fundraisers.
- Office parties.
Community Event Policies
- Cascade AIDS Project cannot accept money from any event or promotion where the primary source of income or central activity is the sale of liquor, firearms, or tobacco.
- Cascade AIDS Project cannot make any investment, pay for, or reimburse any expenses incurred as a result of a community event. This means that the event/promotions sponsor must pay all expenses prior to remitting the net proceeds to Cascade AIDS Project.
- Cascade AIDS Project’s insurance policy does not cover community events.
- If your event or promotion involves a raffle or other type of gambling activity, or if you plan to sell or serve alcohol, you may be required to obtain a license from the State of Oregon, Dept. of Justice (DOJ) and/or The Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC).
How can Cascade AIDS Project help?
Our Community Event partners are just that: partners working with us to help fight HIV/AIDS. We want to help you. Cascade AIDS Project offers varying levels of support for our partners, depending on the amount of money generated by their events/promotions.
For any Community Event or promotion, we can provide:
- Brochures, pamphlets, annual reports and other information about Cascade AIDS Project.
- Sample press materials.
- A written acknowledgement of the event for the donors’ tax purposes that details the maximum tax deduction allowable.
For Community Events or promotions donating $5,000 or more:
All of the above, plus…
- A Cascade AIDS Project development staff member to attend an organizational meeting, offer advice, and solicit involvement from chapter board members and other contacts.
- Media support (although press coverage cannot be guaranteed).
- The use of the Cascade AIDS Project logo (all logo usage must be approved by Cascade AIDS Project).
Interested in putting on an event? Please contact Andrew Shayde at 503.278.3854.