CHATpdx is recruiting Peer Educators between the ages of 13-19 who want to learn about Healthy Sexuality – what is sexuality, how we experience it, and how to navigate those conversations. The group will meet once a week for 5 months (20 weeks) to develop skills, practice communication, work on art and other projects. As a member of this group you will:
- Become a resource for your friends, families, and communities on topics like understanding risks around HIV and STI’s to learning how to communicate and have healthy relationships.
- Present in schools, at conferences, and events like the Oregon Queer Youth Summit and the Oregon Adolescent Sexuality Conference.
- Design and run amazing outreach projects in our communities.
- Have huge amounts of fun, make incredible friendships AND
- Be eligible to earn service hours, school credit, and a monthly stipend!
This whole experience is designed to be about youth and led by youth. We will be learning from one another’s experiences and use a cultural lens to explore and interpret sexuality in ways that are personally meaningful and that you can apply in your daily life.
Our goal is to create an empowered, active, and informed community. We aim to provide comprehensive information to end stigma surrounding HIV and Sexuality with a special focus on sexual and ethnic minority youth.
Peer Educator Commitment:
- Attend a day-long retreat
- Attend weekly meetings at the Cascade AIDS Project, downtown Portland, for 20 weeks (5 months).
- Have an open mind, and come ready to have fun and learn!
- Complete a Peer Educator Training Application or complete an online application here.
- Submit it by email at CHATpdx@cascadeaids.org, by fax @ (503) 223-6437 or mail/deliver it to: Attn: CHATpdx, 208 SW 5th Ave, Ste 800, Portland, OR 97204.
Applications are currently being accepted.