Why should you get an HIV test?
Everyone has an HIV status. Getting tested gives you more control of your health and allows you to protect yourself and your partners.
We offer rapid HIV testing to anyone who needs it. Not sure if you need an HIV test? Contact our hotline and find out, or read on…
Who should get tested?
It’s recommended that you get tested if you currently or have ever:
- had sex with someone without a condom
- had a sexually transmitted disease (STD)
- shared needles or works to inject drugs
- shared needles for a piercing or tattoo
- if you are pregnant (HIV positive women can pass HIV to their babies), or
- confirmatory testing available for those who test preliminary positive or HIV-positive individuals who need proof of HIV status for service and/or healthcare access.
What you should know about HIV testing at CAP:
- Get your results in about 20 minutes
- Anonymous or confidential option
- Affordable [suggested donation of $50]
- Walk in or make an appointment
- Monday – Friday 10AM – 4PM
- Call 503.278.3879
- 208 Southwest 5th Avenue, 8th floor in Downtown Portland
Click here for other testing options in the Portland metro area.
Additional testing for men who have sex with men.
Gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men locally are at higher risk for HIV and STDs, so we have some additional testing options for you at Pivot, a space created with you guys in mind. Check out the Pivot web site for more testing options and a bunch of other great programs and services.