Short-Term Housing

  • CAP can assist approximately 200 households with short term rental assistance and/or move in costs.  Assistance is based on eligibility requiremeShort-Term Housingnts and funds available.
  • Units are located throughout the Portland Metropolitan area.
  • Counties served by CAP short-term housing include Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Columbia, and Yamhill in Oregon, and Clark County in Washington.
  • All units must meet Fair Market Housing requirements (housing that is considered affordable by Housing and Urban Development (HUD) rent standards).
  • Eligibility requirements for this program are available from CAP.
  • Client pays tenant portion of rent that is determined in collaboration with the Housing Case Manager.
  • Rents are adjusted with changes in household income.
  • Supportive case management services are a requirement for participation in program.
  • Housing is provided through partnerships with many private landlords.
  • Funding is provided by the Multnomah County HIV Services Ryan White program and Home Forward.

Please contact your Housing Case Manager for more information, or Nicki Turk at 503.278.3827 if you need to be assigned a Housing Case Manager.  Applications are available on-line here for short-term housing assistance. Click here for the application in Spanish.