Positive Directions Workshops
Cascade AIDS Project recognizes that we are all striving to live fuller and healthier lives. In an effort to support you in this process, Positive Directions offers free, fun, and educational activities to help people build community and feel more empowered. We offer classes from health management, nutrition, tenant education, money management, and more!
Unless otherwise indicated, all workshops are held at:
Cascade AIDS Project
208 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 800
For more information, contact:
Shyle Ruder, Positive Directions Coordinator, 503.278.3844
Check our calendar for workshop dates.
- The Link
- My Two Cents – This one-time workshop will help you create a personal and household budget, develop strategies to stay within that budget, track your spending, and talk about ways to manage your money. To register, contact Shyle at 503.278.3844.
- Making Cents – This one-time workshop will help you increase your resources, learn strategies to stretch your dollars, create clear and realistic steps to achieve your goals. To register, contact Shyle at 503.278.3844.
- Rent Well - This Tenant Education series will help you overcome barriers to housing and learn about tenant rights and responsibilities. Also, you will get to run an eviction, credit, and criminal history check, allowing you see what a landlord sees. As a graduate, your prospective landlord may apply for the Landlord Guarantee, which can pay the landlord up to $2,000 should you leave your tenancy owing money. To register, contact Shyle at 503.278.3844.
- Shopping Matters – Join this interactive guided grocery store tour to learn how to economically purchase fruits and vegetables, save money by comparing unit prices, and make healthier choices by reading food labels and ingredient lists. You will receive handouts and recipes so you can continue practicing what you learn at home and on future trips to the store. To register, contact Shyle at 503.278.3844.
- En Español: Reencuentro – El 2º miércoles de cada mes a las 6pm -8pm. Reencuentro es una reunión creada para proveer un ambiente seguro y a la vez talleres educacionales para latinos infectados por VIH. Contáctase con Shyle, 503.278.3844 o email@example.com. Calendario.