Kids Connection Services
Kids Connection provides HIV-specific support to children, youth and families who are HIV infected or affected. Kids Connection also provides training to other family-serving agencies in the Portland area to improve their capacity to serve HIV-impacted families.
Check our Family Friendly calendar for upcoming activities. Contact Tiffany for more information, 503.278.3822. For information in Spanish about Kids Connection, please contact Maricela Berumen at 503.278.3823.
Our services include:
- Teaching Children About HIV: we use teaching tools to help children of all ages understand HIV.
- Support for Children Living with HIV: we complement a child’s medical care to assist with coping and understanding HIV.
- HIV Disclosure with Children of All Ages: we offer individual family support on how to talk with children about HIV.
- Promoting Healthy Sexuality Development: we provide HIV prevention education and support for teens impacted by HIV.
- Family-to-Family Social Connections: we host picnics, holiday parties, bowling nights and other activities to bring HIV-impacted families together.
- Guardianship Planning for a Child’s Future: we encourage parents to consider the emotional and legal aspects of making guardian provisions.
- School Disclosure Support: we support families in developing a plan for talking to their child’s school about the impact of HIV.
- Training for Local Service Providers: we help community partners improve their capacity to serve HIV-impacted families.